Parents & Friends Association
St John’s Lambton has an active and enthusiastic Parents and Friends Association (P&F). All parents/guardians are encouraged to become active and supportive members of St John’s P&F.
The P&F is a group of community minded parents and guardians, who assist the school in providing:
- Feedback on school policies and activities
- Additional resources to be used to enhance student learning
- Parents with opportunities to be involved in their child’s education.
Role of the P&F Association
The P&F Association works in a productive partnership with the principal and the school community. Working together as one cohesive unit enables the best possible outcomes to be achieved for the students of St John’s school. The P&F school partnership is built on trust, respect and shared values.
The function of the P&F is to:
- Further develop positive relationships
- Work with the school community, valuing and supporting all volunteers
- Communicate effectively and encourage feedback
- Provide active leadership and create opportunities community involvement
- Foster community interest in educational matters
- Encourage closer cooperation between the parents of students attending the school, other members of the community, staff and students of the school
- Assist in the provision of financial or other resources or services for the benefit of students of the school.
St John’s P&F meets at 6:30pm on the first Tuesday of each month during the term. Notice is provided to parents via the school newsletter.